Thursday 4 April 2013

Spring is here!

Only it is not - it really is not! I thought that after yesterday's lovely day we were there - bike ride planned today with my "ladies wot cycle" friends but 2 of us actually bottled it - "it's too cold and it's raining" we said! Well alright, so the rain didn't arrive at our destination point but it's still too cold! I think Fairweather rider is my name! We did however go out for a lovely jaunt last Thursday 8kms up and down hills with a pit stop half way.

©PamelaJayne Photography
Jenny Wren greets us with beautiful birdsong

©PamelaJayne Photography
le Source du Chaboussant

©PamelaJayne Photography
The Bikes (I didn't dare take photos of my friends!) so bikes get fame!
We had a lovely time putting the world to rights, listening to the bird song and toads calling "The Songs of Nature"

We had a thoroughly fab Easter and the Saturday was spent baking now this is something I just don't do enough of, and I should do more - youngest daughter and I started with Hot Cross Buns and ended up with a veritable feast (and 2 batches of Hot Cross Buns) Ok so in the old days I would have bought them from Asda on a BOGOF but not anymore - since living here we have relied on visitors bringing them or from my Mum's freezer but no - never again I am now going to bake them every year and in between times as I still have to master the cross!
©PamelaJayne Photography
On the Rise
©PamelaJayne Photography
One a Penny, Two a Penny - Hot Cross Buns!!

©PamelaJayne Photography
Easter Feasting!
Hubby also excelled himself and made the Hairy Dieters Chicken and Ham Tangle Pie - totally delish and highly recommended!

I was really excited to welcome a new member to my team (of photographic props) Arthur the Monkey arrived from the UK from a very clever lady https://www.facebook.com/fairytalephotoprops?group_id=0 I spotted him and had to have him to adorne my lens - yes he is purely to make children laugh and some adults as well!
©PamelaJayne Photography
Arthur the Monkey
Although he did arrive a little late for my Family Shoot we managed to get some fun shots


©PamelaJayne Photography
Getting Ready for Christmas!!
©PamelaJayne Photography
Fun with Mummy
©PamelaJayne Photography
"Where did you get that hat?"

 I had such a fun time with this lovely family - nerves were soon put aside and we got lots of happy captures another enjoyable "Making Memories" session. Of course we are now eagerly awaiting the birth of the baby bump!
Soon to be Four in the Family

I had such a fun time with this lovely family - nerves were soon put aside and we got lots of happy captures another enjoyable "Making Memories" session. Of course we are now eagerly awaiting the birth of the baby bump!

I should be off upstairs now to cook dearest Youngest Daughters packed lunch and tea for her "Big Trip" tomorrow for the first time she is off on her own (with her Lycée) abroad - to Southern Ireland - beyond excited is the words I use for her at the moment! She is all packed and ready to go - thanks to my packing skills! See that's what I learnt when I was younger being a Girl Guide and Venture Scout how to get ALL the essentials in one bag that you need for a week away, suffice to say I haven't tied her wellies to her stuffer bag but am sorely tempted to do so - if it's as cold and wet over there as it is over here, I have a sneaking suspicion Dolly Shoes will be relegated to the depths of said bag!

Maybe I should send her off with this delish dish of Fish Stew (à la Hairy Dieters) but I don't think she would appreciate it - so it will be Risotto for her instead!
©PamelaJayne Photography
Fish Stew - winter warming goodness!!

Whilst waiting outside in the freezing weather for the DHL courier to arrive with Eldest Daughters Passport (finally and thankfully arrived after travelling half of France!) I noticed that the Kerria flowers were coming out into bud and flower - I am thrilled about this as it was taken as a cutting by my Mum - and flowering beautifully for it's 2nd year!
©PamelaJayne Photography
Kerria in flower

©PamelaJayne Photography
Kerria budding

So a little bit of warmth and colour into this very "non" Spring day! Although I do remember it was a tad chilly last year when we visited the coast - so maybe the sun and warmth is waiting for the Easter Holidays which start here on the 12th April! 

Thanks for reading and please do feel free to leave comments or pop over to say "hi" to me on my Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/PamelaJaynePhotography I always love "meeting" new people so please do pop over :)

Have a fantastic weekend everyone and here's to some warm weather! 


©PamelaJayne Photography
Cheers!

Taken last year on the 8th April at the Ilê d'Oleron nice in the sun - cold in the shade sort of day!

Pam :D












No comments:

Post a Comment